Thanks to everyone that has completed the Village Survey over the past 6 weeks. We’ve had well over 500 responses in total and although we haven’t done a thorough analysis yet it looks like approximately 37% of households in Hardwick have returned one or more survey responses. This is a fantastic response and we really are grateful to everyone that invested their precious time doing the survey.
There was a tremendous surge in responses over the weekend as the deadline approached and we think that some people had difficulties getting into the on-line survey or getting a paper copy.
When the committee met yesterday evening, we talked about how to address these issues and we decided on the following steps.
1. We are going to extend the deadline by a week to Sunday 15th January so that anyone that wasn’t able to access the survey over the weekend can have another go this week or next weekend.
2. We are getting some more hard copies of the surveys printed.
3. We aren’t sure that our second leaflet drop reached all of the houses in Hardwick so we are going to deliver more leaflets to some roads. (We don’t have enough leaflets to be able to cover all of Hardwick so we are going to be limited in how many houses we can cover this time around)
4. Anyone that still has difficulties in accessing either the on-line survey or a hard-copy is urged to contact email@example.com
How Can you Help?
A growing group of volunteers are working together to kick-off the process but its ultimate success depends on you.
We want to consult as widely as possible across all areas of the village and for everyone, particularly including young people in the village, to contribute. The Plan can only be as good as the ideas and community energy that is put into it. So,
- If you have any ideas on what Hardwick should look like in the future, what facilities it needs in the short, medium or long term, let us know.
- If you are passionate about some aspect of village life – transport, the environment, sports and social activities or just want to give something back to the community, please get involved.
- If you have skills or talents that can help us develop the plan or communicate and consult with the village, please volunteer some of your time.
Hardwick Village Plan Volunteers
If you want to volunteer, please email
If you have ideas on what Hardwick should look like in the future, what facilities it needs in the short, medium or long term, please email
The Hardwick Village Plan website is published by a working group endorsed by the Hardwick Parish Council.
If you want more information or have any concerns about any of the information published on this website, please email